In 2017 the Village of Salmo joined the Communities in Bloom program as a novice member to coordinate beautification efforts, enhance green spaces, encourage civic pride and economic development. The program is called “Salmo Bloom” and was formally kicked off with several exciting initiatives, many related to 2017’s Canada 150 Celebrations.
- Attractive floral arrangements on municipal properties.
- Novice Communities In Bloom Workshop (date TBD).
There are many ways to get involved in “Salmo Bloom” initiatives. Community members can:
- Volunteer with community beautification efforts.
- Serve on the “Salmo Bloom” Communities in Bloom Committee.
- Attend Communities in Bloom learning workshops.
Communities in Bloom is a Canadian non-profit organization committed to fostering civic pride, environmental responsibility and beautification through community involvement and the challenge of a national program, with focus on enhancing green spaces in communities.
Members of Salmo Bloom:
- Jen Peel – Environmental Action, Urban Forestry
- Shannon DeMontreuil – Landscaping, Floral Displays
- Suzy Anderson – Heritage Conservation
- Fred Paton, Civic Works Foreman, Village of Salmo
- Councillor Heatlie, Village of Salmo
- Mayor White, Village of Salmo
Communities in Bloom (CIB) Judges Teresa Williams and Foortje Molenaar visited Salmo in July and prepared the following evaluation of the success of Salmo Bloom in our first year as a Novice CIB participant: Novice Communities in Bloom of Village of Salmo, 2017