AKBLG Searching for a Administrative Coordinator
July 17, 2020 – The Association of the Kootenay Boundary Local Governments (AKBLG) exists to assist our members in providing effective, responsible, and accountable local government through engagement, education, and advocacy. We are looking for a bright, efficient, and enthusiastic candidate to join us as our Administrative Coordinator and help us navigate an exciting future for Kootenay and Boundary local governments!
Click here for Full Details
Local Training Programs for Residents
Are you targeting work in the retail, accommodation, food service or tourism sectors?
These sectors continue to grow in our region; employers need skilled staff and many residents need work. The RAFT program at Kootenay Career Development Society can help! View the poster here.
They are now offering continuous intakes into this fabulous program so people can join at any time.
The Retail, Accommodation, Food Service and Tourism training program:
- Has a continuous intake (apply today!)
- Is a blend of individual support and 5 week group-based programming
- Offers a healthy lunch each day while in program
- Covers effective job search strategies, soft skills (communication, conflict resolution, and more!), workers’ rights, and introduces clients to employers in the local area
- Offers Computer Basics, MS Word and MS Excel training
- Provides certifications based on individual need such as WHMIS, Foodsafe, Serving it Right and First Aid
- Provides child care, food and transportation supports as well as training and clothing allowances
- We provide job coaching and job sustainment services
- RAFT has a high success rate
- And best of all it’s FREE
Applicants must be entitled to work in Canada, unemployed or precariously employed, and not enrolled in school full time
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] .