The Village of Salmo is seeking artists and/or groups who would like to display their art in one of three (3) Village of Salmo Art Windows located at the west side of the Heritage Hub building at 423 Railway Avenue in Salmo.
The Village Art Windows were constructed to provide an opportunity for artists in the Salmo Valley and Kootenay region to showcase their work in a way that is visible to pedestrians walking along Salmo’s Main Street and street traffic. The art windows help to support the arts and encourage visitors to explore Salmo.
The following factors will be taken into consideration when selecting applications to display art in the windows:
- Priority will be given to Salmo Valley and Kootenay Region artists.
- Displays will be for a 4 month period on a rotation basis.
- Priority will be given to seasonal items during relevant seasons (e.g. Christmas).
- Both individuals and groups may apply.
- Applications must be accompanied by a description and concept design and/or picture of the proposed display.
- All costs of installation and removal are the sole responsibility of the artist/group.
Approved applicants will be required to sign a waiver of responsibility for any damage caused by light, dampness, etc.
The next showcase will run March 1, 2020 – June 30, 2020. Applications are available on our website at: http://salmo.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Art-Windows-Application.pdf
To apply, please complete the application in full and email it to [email protected] or drop it off in person at the Village Office located at 423 Davies Avenue, Salmo B.C. by February 25, 2020 to be eligible for the next showcase.