The Village of Salmo is seeking artists and/or groups who would like to display their art in one of three (3) Village of Salmo Art Windows located at the west side of the building located at 423 Railway Avenue in Salmo.
The Village Art Windows were constructed to provide an opportunity for Salmo Valley and Kootenay region artists to showcase their work in a way that is visible to pedestrians walking along Salmo’s Main Street and street traffic. The art windows help to support the arts and encourage visitors to explore Salmo.
The following factors will be taken into consideration when selecting applications to display art in the windows:
- Priority will be given to Salmo Valley and Kootenay Region artists.
- Displays will be for a 4 month period on a rotation basis.
- Priority will be given to seasonal items during relevant seasons (e.g. Christmas).
- Both individuals and groups may apply.
- Applications must be accompanied by a description and concept design and/or picture of the proposed display.
- All costs of installation and removal are the sole responsibility of the artist/group.
Approved applicants will be required to sign a waiver of responsibility for any damage caused by light, dampness, etc.
The next showcase will run July 1st, 2019 – October 31st, 2019, Applications are available on our website here.
To apply, please complete the application in full and email it to [email protected] or drop it off in person at the Village Office located at 423 Davies Avenue, Salmo B.C. by June 24, 2019 to be eligible for the next showcase.