Our community, along with the rest of the world, is facing an enormous uncertainty during this time. The health and wellness of our staff and our community is paramount. As we evolve each day through this pandemic, I encourage you stay informed. read full message. Mayor Lockwood
We are doing everything we can to keep people healthy and each one of you can do your part by staying home and if you are needing to go out – KEEP YOUR DISTANCE!
Click here for a list of facilities that are open or closed in Salmo.
Continue to watch this website, our Facebook page and Bulletin Board for information updates. During office hours the office staff is also there to support your questions by phone (250)357-9433 or email. We strongly advise customers to use online banking when possible to pay bills. The office is currently open by appointment only. You can make an appointment by calling the office or emailing [email protected]
Please read the Village’s COVID-19 Protection & Safety Policy before your visit.
Trusted Information Links
Given the recent developments on the measures to contain the coronavirus/COVID-19, knowing where to go for trusted information is important. Here are a few websites you may wish to visit to obtain information relevant for British Columbia.
- Province of British Columbia – https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support
- HealthLinkBC — Includes links to the Public Health Agency of Canada and the World Health Organization resources: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/
- C Seniors Advocate’s Update on COVID-19: https://www.seniorsadvocatebc.
- BC Centre for Disease Control:
- Government of Canada Coronovirus information http://Canada.ca/en/public-health
- Guidance on Essential Services and Functions in Canada During the COVID-19 Pandemic – https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/crtcl-nfrstrctr/esf-sfe-en.aspx
- Return to Sport Message from the Honourable Lisa Beare: https://www.viasport.ca/news/return-sport-message-honourable-lisa-beare
- Guidance for sporting organizations – Return to Sport link
Apply for Benefits
Support for Businesses & Employees
The BC Economic Development Association has compiled, and continues to update, a comprehensive guide to resources for business owner and employees – the COVID-19 Resources for BC Business – View the entire comprehensive Guide here.
WorkSafe BC has introduced a series of updated industry guidelines and tools in anticipation of beginning our transition into Phase 2 of our COVID-19 response the week of May 19:
Other Info for Businesses
- New Ventures BC Grants: Innovation initiative supports BC businesses + students
- BC Business: What you need to know about federal and provincial support for B.C. businesses and workers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- BC Hydro: COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Insurance Bureau of Canada – COVID-19 and business insurance: How coverage is triggered
- PwCs COVID-19 Navigator: Assess the potential impact to your business and gauge your readiness to respond
- Fortis BC – Applicants can enrol by visiting fortisbc.com/recoveryfund, calling FortisBC’s Customer Contact Centre or emailing [email protected].
- New COVID-19 supports for businesses, local governments April 16, 2020
Community Futures Central Kootenay
Community Futures Central Kootenay is also hosting a Business Community Weekly Roundtable on COVID -19 on Wednesdays from 11:00 – 12:00 to share updates on resources, answer questions and hear from the business community. To be added to the invite list for that you can email [email protected] and/or you can access the link on their COVID 19 resource page which also lists available resources and FAQs – https://futures.bc.ca/covid-19-support-for-businesses/ They also have a Facebook Group Covid-19 Support for Kootenay Businesses where business owners can ask questions and they’re posting information https://www.facebook.com/groups/COVIDKootenayBusiness/
Free advice for Business Owners in navigating COVID is also available through the Basin Business Advisors Program at www.bbaprogram.ca
Self Assessment Tools
- BC Testing information
- BC self-assessment tool for COVID-19:https://covid19.thrive.health
- Along with being able to check symptoms online, British Columbians can now download a new self-assessment app https://bc.thrive.health/
Make Your Own Face Mask
- Some fabrics were found to work better at filtering small particles than medical grade masks https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/making-your-own-face-mask-some-fabrics-work-better-others-n1175966
- DYI your own face mask – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8OyV15ua24
- Adult & child (note: printer needed) https://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Cloth-Face-Mask/
I am putting out a challenge to see how many hearts we can put up in our community’s windows to show our support for what we are doing. Show your support by making yourself a paper or painted heart and posting it in your window!