This application is for the artists and/or groups who would like to display their art in one of three (3) Village of Salmo Art Windows located at the west side of the Heritage Hub building located at 423 Railway Avenue in Salmo, BC.
The Art Windows were constructed to provide an opportunity for Salmo Valley and Kootenay region artists to showcase their work in a way that is visible to pedestrians walking along Salmo’s Main Street and street traffic. The art windows help to support the arts and encourage visitors to explore Salmo.
The following factors will be taken into consideration when selecting applications to display art in the windows:
- Priority will be given to Salmo Valley and Kootenay Region artists.
- Displays will be for a 4 month period on a rotation basis.
- Priority will be given to seasonal items during relevant seasons (eg. Christmas).
- Both individuals and groups may apply.
- Applications must be accompanied by a description and concept design and/or picture of the proposed display.
- All costs of installation and removal are the sole responsibility of the artist/group.
Applications will be received on an ongoing basis and prioritized at the discretion of the panel, as constituted below.
Submissions are reviewed by the Chief Administrative Officer and a representative of project partner Heritage Hub Inc.
Approved applicants will be required to sign a waiver of responsibility for any damage caused by light, dampness, etc.
To apply, please complete the application in full and submit it the attention of the Chief Administrative Officer at [email protected] or in person at the Village Office located at 423 Davies Avenue, Salmo B.C.