If you are a non-profit or church it’s time to get your annual Permissive Tax Exemption form for 2022 into the Village office. Forms are due no later than 4:00 pm on Thursday, July 15th, 2021.
Permissive tax exemptions are available for qualifying, Salmo-based, registered Non-profit organizations using property for municipal, religious, cultural or charitable purposes.
To be eligible, organizations must complete the application form outlining:
- the basis for the requested exemption
- deemed benefits to the residents of the Village of Salmo
- description of programs/services/benefits delivered
- copy of the most recent financial statement
- list of the representatives and board members of the organization