Salmo Swimming Pool Open Beginning July 6
Located on 7th Street across from the Salmo Valley Youth & Community Centre, the heated outdoor Salmo pool is open 7 days a week. Beginning July 6th the pool is available for lap swimming, public swimming and aquafit.
COVID-19 Procedures In Place
A new set of policies and procedures, following the guidelines and recommendations set out by the provincial health officials, has been developed to minimize the risk of COVID–19 for employees and patrons. For your safety and those around you, these procedures must be followed in order to keep the pool open.
New protocols include screening by lifeguards prior to entry, physical distancing markers, admission by donation and a maximum capacity of 18 patrons in the pool at one time. Groups of 18 will be limited to 45 minutes in the pool, then lifeguards will ask them to leave through a secondary exit before a new group of 18 is permitted.
Information you should know before coming to the pool:
• If you are sick, stay home
• Shower at home before coming to the pool
• Bring a full water bottle
• Wait in line until it is your turn
• Physical distance of 2 meters at all times
• Do not share equipment
• Viewers and spectators will not be permitted on the pool deck
• Swim times may be limited
Hours of Operation
• 8:00 am – 9:15 am (lap swim)
• 11:15 am – 3:45 pm (public swim)
• 8:00 am – 9:45 am (lap swim)
• 10:00 am – 11:00 am (aquafit)
• 1:00 pm – 3:45 pm (public swim)
• 1:00 pm – 2:45 pm (public swim)
• 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm (Pre-registered fun swim – organized activities for ages 7-12)
• 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm (public swim)
• 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm (public swim)