REQUESTS FOR QUOTATION
Request for Quotations – Culvert Replacement (2022) – This Tender has now closed.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL – LARGE EQUIPMENT STORAGE REHABILITATION
Sealed quotations clearly marked: “Request for Proposal – Large Equipment Storage Building Rehabilitation Bids will be received at the Village of Salmo office up to and including 4:00pm, local time, Thursday, June 30th, 2022 for the following:
The Village of Salmo is looking for an experienced General Contractor (“Contractor”) to undertake the rehabilitation of the Village’s Large Equipment Storage Building as per the specifications in the engineering drawings developed by Redwood Engineering (attached Appendix A Drawings S-1 to S-6) and as described in the Engineer’s Building Assessment Report (attached Appendix B) (we are aware the cost estimate is out-of-date). The building is 31.4m (103’) long by 13.1 (43’) wide with approximately 4.88m (16’) high exterior walls. It is a large, mainly unheated, equipment storage building, built in the early 90’s, located in Lions Park on Glendale Avenue. It has many issues, including exterior concrete block walls that are falling down. It is currently under a WorkSafe Do Not Enter order and the Electrical Inspector has mandated that bringing the structure up to electrical code must be done.
Repairs to be undertaken are detailed in the attached Appendices A & B. A public washroom is also to be included in the updated facility. The work includes, but is not limited to:
- All materials and labour.
- Demolition of concrete north and south block exterior walls, wood frame and metal clad new exterior walls.
- Demolish east (skating rink) current wood frame wall, re-construct it with new door lintels and metal clad it.
- Replacement of exterior metal siding as indicated in drawings.
- Demolition of interior walls as indicated and re-configuration of the interior layout.
- Repairing spalling and anchors as indicated.
- Radon mitigation.
- Pouring a concrete slab floor – some parts are currently bare earth, and some are concrete (and can hopefully be incorporated into the overall floor slab).
- Framing and constructing new interior walls as per the drawings.
- Installation of 2 new overhead doors, reinstall sliding door and install indicated man doors (the village will order and purchase all doors).
- Installation of roof line eavestroughs as indicated in drawings, if practical.
- Construction of a heated, one-toilet, wheelchair-accessible washroom in one corner of the building including steel door, toilet, sink, heat source and other fittings. (The village will supply the water and sewer connections). The washroom could have on-demand water heating or a small water heater.
- Subcontract electrician to bring the structure up to the required electrical code standards and supply and installation of security camera system and emergency and exit lighting.
Project Scope and Deliverables
A licensed contractor is required to manage the project including:
- Overseeing project
- Building permits
- Materials purchases
- Providing construction crew
- Hiring and oversite of any necessary subtrades
- Project completion and turnover of the building back to Village
Below is the current draft timeline/workplan. The goal is to have this work complete by October 31, 2022 or at the very latest year-end 2022. The outdoor skating rink directly behind the building generally opens in December.
|Item #||Activity||Estimated Completion Date|
Site walk through
Address: Lions Park, Salmo
|Friday, June 10, 2022 @ 10:00 am|
|2||Question period re project RFP received up to||May 31 – June 13, 2022 @ 12:00 pm (noon)|
|3||Deadline for receipt of RFP Responses, review & contract award||June 30, 2022 @ 4:00 pm|
|4||Staff open bids and review responses, speak with top three submissions, recommend Contractor to Council||June 30 – July 12, 2022|
|5||Council select Contractor||July 12, 2022|
|6||Advise respondents of contract award||July 13, 2022|
|7||Sign contract||By July 18, 2022|
|8||Commence work||ASAP after signing|
|9||Complete work||October 31, 2022|
Communications & Enquiries
All enquiries with regard to this RFP are to be directed in writing by email to the following RFP contact person. Information obtained from any other source is not official and may not be relied upon as factual or accurate.
RFP-LARGE EQUIPMENT STORAGE BUILDING Enquiries
Anne Williams, CAO
250-357-9433 or [email protected]
Any and all enquiries and questions about the work required for this project will be accepted up to 4:00 pm Thursday, June 30th. All questions and answers will be shared online at the discretion of the Village of Salmo. The Village reserves the right to not respond to any enquiries that are submitted after this time and date.
APPENDICES A & B